The D.C. United Stadium Deal is Good for the City: Pass it Now
- Washington Business Journal
“…this deal would secure a badly needed new home for Washington’s Major League Soccer team and help spur economic development in neighborhoods on both sides of the Anacostia.”
- The Washington Post, 7/27/13
Since 1996 D.C. United has helped unite the District with its play on the field and service in the community. A new private-public partnership for a stadium at Buzzard Point would bring jobs and development, and keep D.C. United a vibrant part of Washington, D.C.
A soccer stadium at Buzzard Point means:
- Jobs and economic growth through construction, retail, and services for a part of town that has too often been forgotten.
- More than just soccer. A stadium would not only host D.C. United and international soccer matches, it could also host high school and college sporting events and community/cultural festivals.
- Economic development done right. Developers would seek community involvement through out process and D.C. United has an unwavering commitment to the community through its charitable work and United for DC, which runs United Reads, United Soccer Club, and Kicks for Kids.
STAY CONNECTED & TAKE ACTION